Happy First Day of Winter! I thought I would share with you one of my all time fall favorites this time of year and quickly becoming a tradition of mine. Snickerdoodle Apple Pie. This all started over 2 years ago when I was looking for a good pie recipe to bake and bring to work. Now Im not a big fan of pie to begin with, but its such a tradition around the holidays I figured I had to try something. This recipe is a pretty big hit with everyone! and it is so easy! xoxo
Side note: Normally I made this recipe in an 8×8 or 9×9 glass baking dish. This year I made it in a pie pan, I would suggest sticking to the glass, it bakes better 🙂
- One 16.5 oz tube of Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- One 20 oz. can of apple pie filling
- Cinnamon sugar (1/4 cup of granulated sugar & 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon)
- Press 2/3 of the cookie dough into the bottom of an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle with 2/3 of the cinnamon sugar.
- Spread the apple pie filling over the cookie base.
- Take small amounts of the remaining cookie dough, flatten it slightly and place over the pie filling. It will not cover the pie filling completely.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake in a 350* oven until the cookie dough is baked - mine took about 35-40 minutes.
- Allow bars to cool and cut into squares.